Tuffseal is able to repair milled or spalling concrete without having to tear out and replace the concrete. It makes an excellent green concrete repair material for the following reasons:
- Binds to concrete and will not delaminate
- Provides a waterproof membrane that will protect the rebar from corrosion and arrest deterioration of the pavement
- Tuffseal in our color, Solar Reflective Gray, blends well with concrete as the colors and texture are very similar
- Tuffseal is a completely environmentally friendly pavement preservation material
Cures quickly which minimizes traffic interference. Cure times vary based on temperature, humidity, and exposure to sun.
- On a hot day, an average curing time is one to one and a half hours.
- Can be applied at a fraction of the cost of tearing out and replacing old concrete without sacrificing aesthetics
- Continuing to use and refurbish the existing pavement makes sense for the environment